Professional Furnace Repair Services for Lubbock, TX and Surrounding Areas
Whether it’s the first chilly autumn evening or a frigid winter’s night, your heater should keep your family warm and cozy. Unfortunately, cold snaps and winter storms in Lubbock, Texas, can push your HVAC system to the limit. That’s when your friends and neighbors turn to JD’s Prompt Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning.
Signs That It’s Time for a Furnace Repair
If your heater is making unusual noises, struggles to maintain temperatures, or has long or short cycling times, consult a professional. Heed warning signs and take timely action to prevent further damage and avoid high heater repair costs. Common furnace problems include the following:
- Corrosion and rust can cause complications for your furnace. The combination of sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxide, carbon monoxide, and water vapor can corrode the metal and weld parts of the heat exchangers.
- The heat exchanger in your furnace expands and contracts when heating and cooling the air inside your home. Prolonged use of the heat exchanger can cause cracks to appear.
- Electrical malfunctions can prevent the air handler or compressor from working. If the unit isn’t receiving power or isn’t getting signals from the thermostat, it won’t run at all.
- If the air from the vents is cold, there could be an issue with the furnace burner or fuel supply. With heat pumps, the compressor or reversing valve could cause such malfunctions.
- Homeowners should be wary of humming, buzzing, and shrill screeching noises. A crack in the ductwork can cause these sounds. If it is coming from the unit, a moving part might need lubrication. Failing compressors can also cause similar warning signs.
Our factory-trained service technicians can expertly handle all brands and models of heating equipment. We also service portable heaters. Let us know how we can take care of your residential or residential new construction furnace repair needs.
Addressing Heating Challenges in Lubbock, TX
Problems that require heating repairs may occur suddenly due to an electrical malfunction. Issues can also develop over time due to years of wear and tear and lack of maintenance. Regardless of the cause, we have the tools and expertise to restore your comfort quickly and efficiently.
If your heater isn’t working properly, don’t hesitate to get in touch. By adopting a proactive attitude, you can protect your family and prevent problems from getting worse. If you heat your home with natural gas, propane or oil, malfunctions can create serious safety issues. Today’s systems have safety features, but it’s wise to exercise caution and install a carbon monoxide detector on each level of your home.
Prevent Furnace Problems
Do you remember when you bought your furnace system? If you can’t remember the age of your furnace system, it is time to schedule a maintenance appointment. Seasonal maintenance is the best way to protect your heater and stave off the effects of wear and tear. It includes changing the air filter to ensure proper airflow for the system. We recommend fall maintenance so that your furnace will be ready when winter arrives.
We also offer a 40-point safety inspection. You can benefit even more by signing up for our Comfort Club. You can choose from our Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum plans. You’ll enjoy perks like repair warranties and priority service. Comfort Club members get a two-year installation and labor warranty with the purchase of a complete system from J.D.’s Prompt Plumbing, Heating & Air.
Responsive Heating Repair Services That Fit Your Schedule
If you’re unable to resolve heating issues by double-checking the thermostat, replacing the batteries, resetting the circuit breaker or replacing the air filter, contact our professionals. We alert you with a call or text to let you know when the service technician is heading your way. We can diagnose the system and complete any necessary repairs without interrupting your busy schedule. We can also provide you with a portable heater to use while we’re repairing your heating system, so your family can get back to comfort as soon as possible.
Your time is valuable. We book appointments in two-hour windows. If we cannot offer you a guaranteed window, we will put you on a list to get your system up and running as soon as possible. All appointments booked in the two-hour windows come with a guarantee: if we are not on time, we will waive the service fee.
Keeping Lubbock, TX, Warm
Our service technicians have in-depth training that ensures we can effectively address your heater repair problem. You can count on value-added service features like:
- Flat-Rate Pricing
- After Hours or Evening and Weekend Service
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We strive for customer satisfaction with each service call in order to meet your comfort requirements. If your heater needs repairs, call JD’s Prompt Plumbing, Heating & Air. We’ll be happy to take care of heating needs in Lubbock, Levelland, and Brownfield, Texas.